Ready to go vehicle fleet, activity, emissions and energy consumption projections for the EU 28 member states (plus 5 additional countries*)
Fresh approach, 2019 UPDATE
EMISIA completely redesigned the SIBYL baseline. Data are now COPERT compatible, going even beyond the limits of the well known software tool integrating new vehicle categories.
EMISIA actively maintains reliable and up-to-date vehicle fleet and activity road transport data, as well as emissions and energy consumption information calculated with COPERT **. The data that we provide reflect our best knowledge of the national situation in each country. A complete and consistent stock and activity dataset for each country is provided, taking into account all recent national statistical data, so as to reflect real situation to the extent possible. Our significant expertise on transport data, together with the extensive reviews and cross-checks of the data, ensure the high quality of the delivered dataset, which can also be used for the compilation of national emission inventories.
What you get
We provide vehicle number, annual mileage and speed, emission factors and emissions for all major pollutants, heavy metals, particulate matter and GHG as well energy consumption in time series from 1990 to 2050 compatible with the COPERT ** vehicle classification.
- A major update has been performed in the SIBYL baseline data, taking into account all recent statistical information available. Main updates compared to previous versions:
- Time series 1990-2050
- New categories added (electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids)
- Compatibility with latest official national statistical data
- Consistency of fuel consumption with national submissions in UNFCCC on a per vehicle category level
- Main sources utilised: Eurostat, EC Statistical Pocket Book, ACEA, ACEM, CO2 monitoring database, EAFO, UNFCCC
- Better estimation of fleet structure and technology/Euro standards per country, based on fleet age statistical data
- Inclusion of micro-cars and ATVs
You can request a data sample here.
* Iceland, North Macedonia, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey
** We updated our datasets to go beyond the COPERT vehicle classification by introducing electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles among others. To facilitate the re-calculation of the emissions, although results are already included in the files, we have included a new functionality in COPERT allowing the calculation of emissions from vehicles not included in the software. This means that if you use an older COPERT version you can still calculate emissions for the standard COPERT vehicle classes, but you will omit the new technologies.
You can download the latest COPERT version here.
Read more here.
SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW EMISSIONS WILL VARY WHEREVER YOU WANT TO KNOW THEM
We’re always on the lookout for new agency partners and technology partners to join us in helping e-commerce brands create great customer journeys.